Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Going Dark...

So I'm like a space shuttle rounding the moon on the opposite side of the Earth... I am going dark... on FaceBook.  I have made a decision, inspired by a close friend, to give up FaceBook completely for Lent.  No, I am not Catholic, but a New Year's Resolution had brought me back to the church and I decided to give something up this year... not because I have to, but because I want to...

So I contemplated coffee.  Well that pretty much flew out the window into the 3 foot snow piles... cause I couldn't last more than a day or two.  Then I thought about chocolate or sweets in general.  But for me, that isn't a true sacrifice... I could do without them on any given day.  So I moved on to fast food... well with toddlers and being on the run constantly, that's just darned near impossible and I have tried that and failed miserably before. 

And so it is... FaceBook is my sacrifice this year for Lent.  Anyone who knows me knows, that I spend probably 75% of my day on FB, whether on my computer or phone.  It hit me today after my friend gave me the idea that that percentage is absolutely ridiculous!  Imagine how much sh!t I could get done in that time!  I suck as a wife lately, am totally slacking as a mom... and what do I have to show for it... FaceBook posts and status updates! 

So, keep track of me here... I will try to post more frequently... and keep me posted on your lives!  I will be on email, my normal forums that I frequent, but my true addiction, Facebook, will not see me for 40 days!  It really is all about sacrifice, and whats the point if its something easy!?  And really in the long run, I see MUCH more benefit coming out of this than bringing me closer to the Lord... really.